8 Epic Lightroom presets for weddings…

Written by on February 19, 2009 in Featured, Presets - 150 Comments

This is a collection I’ve set up for those of you who are into wedding photography.
Many photographers adds that little extra touch to their wedding photos to bring a special feeling. With Lightroom and a couple of presets you can do the same and make your photos pop out from the rest, within a couple of minutes.

Most of the presets in this wedding kit are new but some of them can be found at my site from previous posts and you might already have downloaded them before, but I’ll make it easy for you all and put them in a new preset package that I prefer to call “PH The Weddings“.  Enjoy!

Presets in action

stellerguru_sooc

Steller Guru GreenGold (Credit goes to Dustin Steller):
steller_guru_greengold

Enjoy them all!

Free Download (490360 Downloads) Purchase PRO presets

About the Author

If you are a Lightroom lover like myself you probably going to adore this place. It's the paradise for all people who are looking for Lightroom presets. Make sure you subscribe to my posts to be first with the latest contributions. I wish you a very pleasant stay. Regards, Pierre

150 Comments on "8 Epic Lightroom presets for weddings…"

1. Erin October 25, 2009 at 4:28 am ·

Wow. This is my first time at this site and working with presets. Thank you for sharing!

2. val November 5, 2009 at 4:15 pm ·

i absolutely love you! thank you so much!!!

3. Pierre November 5, 2009 at 4:38 pm ·

Thank you so much Val! I love you too ;-)

4. Shane November 16, 2009 at 6:53 am ·

This is The worst group of presets I have ever seen. No professional photographer should ever use these over processed settings that destroy images.

5. aimstarathome January 30, 2010 at 6:35 am ·

Thank you for your knowledge in photography. I will try to apply.

6. aimstar4u February 6, 2010 at 9:48 am ·

Wow! Great Ideas. Most of your light room preset for weddings are very interesting for me because these collections make my photos soft and dreamy and different from other.

7. Pierre February 6, 2010 at 11:59 am ·

Thank you Aimstar4u!

8. John Gamble March 25, 2010 at 6:02 am ·

I like the edgy church. I have a Photoshop action very similar but great to have one now for LR2. I just found your site. Thanks for sharing.

9. Vincent April 23, 2010 at 8:42 pm ·

These are good presets for lightroom. As a Houston wedding photographer these presets make adding a few extra special images to a clients proofs. It’s nice on occasion to throw in something a little different.

10. efe April 30, 2010 at 10:23 pm ·

thanks thanks thanks

11. Yves Bitrin May 1, 2010 at 4:10 pm ·

A lot of very nice presets ! I’m testing and enjoy it very much.
    Thank’s.

12. Sara in Kansas May 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm ·

Thank you so much! These are amazing and I can’t wait to play with them!

13. din May 22, 2010 at 3:39 am ·

gud day, can you teach me how to activate this downloads to lightroom?thanks

14. Ferryzal May 30, 2010 at 10:39 am ·

15. Filo June 9, 2010 at 1:09 pm ·

Thank you!

A really nice presets!

16. Anjali June 10, 2010 at 6:15 pm ·

Wow ! Absolutely wonderful site full of goodies …. I feel truly lucky to have reached this preset heaven …Thank you soooo much for sharing :)

17. Edwin Vinueza June 13, 2010 at 6:41 am ·

When I tried to imported it tells me that it might be harmful to my PC, can you help me?.
    Thanks

18. Pierre June 14, 2010 at 7:23 pm ·

I Edwin,
    That’s weird. I’ve never heard that before. It shouldn’t be a problem.

19. Michael Aulia @CravingTech.com August 1, 2010 at 11:33 am ·

Oh you are a life saver! Downloading now – as I need to make a wedding slideshow for my friend’s wedding at the end of this week!

20. Edwin Vinueza August 13, 2010 at 1:56 am ·

How do you ad them to Lightroom?

21. RICK August 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm ·

Thank you so very much for the presets, I know the’ll come in very handy. I’ll put them to practice as soon as I set them up!!
    You rock!!!
    Muchas gracias por los “presets” se que me van a servir muchisimo!!!!
    gracias, gracias… gracias!!!!

22. Jens September 2, 2010 at 1:32 pm ·

Hello there,

I just installed the wedding presets in Lightrrom 3.0 – unfortunatly my pictures are after using the presets allways far to bright? – Does I do anything wrong? – I used different pictures, but all the same effect? – thanks for any help – Jens

23. Jens September 2, 2010 at 1:43 pm ·

Hello again,
    I just got it. The Reason was that I used jpg-files – I just imported one raw file form my D3x and the presets worked out very well – GREAT. Well looks like ist works much better with raw-files – any way great stuff.
    je

24. Pierre September 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm ·

Great Jens,
    True, I always create the presets using RAW-files. Some of them work on both, but in most cases the JPEGs might get a crazy look :-)
    Thanks!
    //Pierre

25. Wendy October 16, 2010 at 12:33 am ·

Stellar Guru Green Gold totally made this shot:

Thanks for the great presets!

W

26. Pradeep November 6, 2010 at 6:24 pm ·

beautiful! thanks.

27. Michael Currin November 7, 2010 at 1:53 pm ·

I love the colour and shadows of the photo with PH Light Dress though I think the vignette is too strong especially at the top of the dress.
    The Edgy Church preset really brings out the contrast of the floor patterns and highlights the centre of the photo. It could look too eerie though if you did a whole shoot with photos green like this.

28. Matthew November 9, 2010 at 6:32 am ·

Love the surreal moment preset. It looks great on some motorbike pics of mine. can’t wait to try it on some wedding ones.

29. Johannah January 12, 2011 at 1:09 am ·

I’m absolutely in love with the Surreal Moment preset, However when I apply it to my images the colors are completely blown out. Can anyone tell me the steps I should be taking to make my photo look like what the “Surreal moment” preset is meant to look like?? Thanks!!!!

30. Jessica January 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm ·

I am offically hooked on lightroom!! I do have one slight problem..when I downloaded the file it saved it on my hard drive and not in lightroom..am I doing something wrong?

31. Pierre January 19, 2011 at 12:05 am ·

Hi Jessica!
    See my post with included video on how you import the presets. How to import presets into Lightroom

Please remember that you’ll need to extract/unzip the files before you can import the presets into Lightroom.
    Thanks!

32. leaetta February 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm ·

thank you for the great looking presets! this is my first time trying out presets in LR

33. Azhar Shah February 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm ·

These presets are awesome! Thanks!

34. Frank Suarez April 21, 2011 at 2:06 am ·

Thank you, these have been very helpful.

Johannah Says:
    January 12th, 2011 at 1:09 am

Johannah, Im not sure if you already looked into this, but the short answer is “it depends on the image”. Every image is different, and so presets must be looked at as a starting point, from there you continue to modify as you see fit for the image.

35. Nick May 4, 2011 at 2:45 am ·

Double wow!!!!!

36. Subhendu Sen June 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm ·

Wonderful presets – delights for any wedding photographer. Thanks for sharing.

37. Pierre June 13, 2011 at 11:12 pm ·

Thank you Subhendu!

38. Bonilla Photography June 14, 2011 at 9:42 pm ·

Thanks for the presets! I am switching from using Adobe’s camera raw converter to Lightroom, and getting some presets to speed up the process should really help in my business as an Orange County Wedding Photographer. Thanks!

39. Cornell Adrian September 28, 2011 at 8:33 am ·

Thank you for sharing these presets!
    These presets are very good!

40. Fotograf Osnabrück October 21, 2011 at 10:56 am ·

Sorry, but all before pictures are better.
    This is too much edit.

41. Chris J October 23, 2011 at 10:53 am ·

WOW, great presets!! I find it hilarious that some people call these “unprofessional”. How’s that superiority complex workin’ for ya?

I have an artistic question for everyone about one of these photos.
    The church aisle “PH Edgy Church”- would you remove the exit sign? I think I would. Seeing as filters or presets are altering the picture to make it more artistic, I think removing a distracting element is OK in this case.

42. VanLeuven Portrait Designs February 15, 2012 at 4:17 pm ·

Thank you, Pierre! These presets are fabulous. I really appreciate your generosity of sharing these. You do amazing work!

43. Pierre February 15, 2012 at 5:21 pm ·

Oh,
    Thank you do much! :-)

44. Pierre February 15, 2012 at 5:22 pm ·

Oh, thank you so much! :-)

45. Kathrina February 16, 2012 at 5:18 am ·

Hello, I downloaded the zip file. After unzipping in my desktop, I went to my Lightroom, right cliked on my user presets to import but the file is not there. When I change to view all files then it is there but when trying to install it, it says: “Error importing… The preset file was the wrong type of preset”.
    Help please ??? :(

46. Pierre February 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm ·

Hi Kathrina,
    What version of Lightroom are you using? Mac/PC?
    Thanks,
    Pierre

47. Kathrina February 17, 2012 at 12:42 am ·

Hi Pierre. I appreciate the help. I am using Lightroom 4 Beta on a PC. Help please. I love these presets but I can’t use them. I am like crazy trying to find a preset that blur/soften the edge of pictures.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

48. Pierre February 17, 2012 at 7:52 pm ·

Hi again Kathrina,
    Try this:
    First copy all the presets, then go to Lightroom>Preference>Presents>Show Lightroom Presents Folders>Local Adjustments Presets, paste the presets in there then restart Lightroom

/Pierre

49. Kathrina February 18, 2012 at 3:29 am ·

Oh! I am so sad. :(

Hi Pierre. It didn’t work :'( I followed your instructions and the presets are already in the folder and I restarted the program, I even restarted my whole laptop and no matter the presets are in the folder, it didn’t work.
    I appreciate you trying to help me but I don’t know what is wrong.

Kathrina.

50. Kathrina February 18, 2012 at 11:31 pm ·

Pierre, I found out why the presets are not working for me. When I opened the folder where my presets are, I noticed all the presets are type: “AdobeLightroom.lrtemplate (.lrtemplate)” and these presets are type: “File” I guess they just don’t work on the new Beta version.