So, I’m sitting here again. When I think of it, it really sounds crazy. Doing this everyday for 365 days. If you’re interested, the daily process looks like this…
In Lightroom I have set up a “Collection” called Project 365. This collection contains all previously modified images used in this project. As soon as I have published a preset, the photo for it will also become labeled “red” (meaning – Don’t use again!). Sometimes I find a couple of images to add to this collection at the same time. That’s good because the next day I don’t have to start looking for a new image since I already have extra left overs in my collection. :-)
Now it’s time to export the selected original image to a screen resolution JPEG – The ”Original / before” image you see in each post :-)
Next step is of course the development and all adjustments. Most of the time I start by having a look at the original photo and analyze it to find out what to do. But sometimes I just start playing without taking any consideration to the photo. I let my imagination set the result. Sometimes it turns out really good and sometimes just fine. Since the whole project is about putting a daily pressure on myself, the result doesn’t need to be top notch each time.
So when I’m pleased with my adjustments in Lightroom, I save it into a preset and name it “P365-xxx” (where xxx is the day number of the preset).
Next up is to export the “After” image. I then take the “before & after” image and place them in a Photoshop template that I have. This way I can publish a special image showing both the before and after image in one image, side by side. I use this image as a featured image (the thumbnail you see when browsing a category) in each post I write and also for most Facebook updates I do.
Ok, so far so good
If I haven’t already exported the newly created preset, I do it now from Lightroom and put it in a folder on my Mac. The preset is being compressed/zipped (and renamed) before I upload it to the blog.
Each day I start by moving all files from yesterday into a folder called “Published“. In that folder I have a folder for each month as well. Each month is, in the end of the month, being compressed / uploaded and can be purchased on propresets.com - for those who doesn’t like to downloading them one by one ;-)
Now that you know how I manage this. Let’s see what today’s preset look like…
Original / before: